1977 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Classic
The 1977 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Classic is powered by a Normal I6 engine that displaces 4096.77 cc. It produces 110.00 BHP at 3800.00 RPM and 195.00 Ft-Lbs at 1600.00 RPM. There is a 3 speed Manual transmission. Series1977 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu, billed as “America’s smart money car,” referring to the friendly and great prices-at-the, small-across-the-outside dimensions.Series 1977 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu wearing a new grille but have less choice of engines, although the engine continued to gain some horses. The lineup consisted of Malibu and Malibu Classic models in body style coupe, sedan, and station wagon. Estate wagon and the Laguna type S-3 are missing, although Chevrolet secreting based Chevelle El Camino car-pickup.
In standard form, the Chevelles had 250 cubic inch six-cylinder or a 145-horsepower, 305 cubic inch V-8. The only option other than it is a 170-horsepower, four-barrel 350 cubic inch V-8 (this is the standard machine station wagon Malibu Classic). No more 400 cubic inch V-8s available.
Malibu classic switch to vertical grating patterns and six-section taillights but keep them stacked twin headlights and a stand-up hood ornament. Grating Malibu wont change slightly. The classics have luxurious fabrics/vinyl split-bench front seats, steering wheel, push the button color and woodgrain-accented instrument panel.
Malibu options include exterior decor group was $ 46, $ 42, and colored glass $ 33 full wheel covers. Total 37,215 Malibu Classic Landau coupes were produced, compared with regular Classic and 73,739 coupes 28,793 base coupes. In the form of four-door sedan, as well as, Malibu classic outsold the base model with the margin.Launch of models rather than full-sized-massive at all five GM car lines to 1971 was followed up with new substances between to 1972-car larger and more opulent than their predecessors.
1977 Chevrolet Chevelle Malibu Classic Specifications
- Engine Location : Front
- Drive Type : Rear Wheel
- Production Years for Series : 1973 – 1977
- Price : $4,125-$5,200
- Weight : 3600 lbs | 1632.933 kg
Engine [Optional Engines]
- Engine Configuration : I
- Cylinders : 6, Hydraulic valve lifters
- Aspiration/Induction : Normal
- Displacement : 4097 cc | 250.0 cu in. | 4.1 L.
- Valves : 12 valves,2 valves per cylinder.
- Valvetrain : OHV
- Horsepower : 110 BHP (80.96 KW) @ 3800 RPM
- Torque : 195 Ft-Lbs (264 NM) @ 1600 RPM
- HP to Weight Ratio : 32.7 LB / HP
- HP / Liter : 26.8 BHP / Liter
- Main Bearings : 7
- Fuel Type : Gasoline – Petrol
- Fuel Feed : Carburetor, 1 barrel carburetor
- Block : Cast-iron
- Head : Cast-iron
- Gears : 3
- Transmission : Manual
- Gears : 3
- Transmission : Automatic, Turbo Hydra-Matic
- 1st Gear : 3.11:1
- 2nd Gear : 1.84:1
- 3rd Gear : 1.00:1
- Total production of Chevelle Malibu Classic for 1977 : 238,322
- 3-Seat Station Wagons : 19,053
- Coupes : 73,739
- Landau Coupes : 37,215
- Sedans : 76,776
- Station Wagons : 31,539
Related Post :
Posted in Chevrolet |