1957 Jaguar XK-140
The 1957 Jaguar XK-140 is powered by a Normal I6 engine that displaces 3441.28 cc. It produces 210.00 BHP at 5750.00 RPM and 213.00 Ft-Lbs at 4000.00 RPM. There is a 4 speed Manual transmission. Jaguar XK140 was a sports car manufactured by Jaguar between 1954 and 1957, thesuccessor to the XK120 Jaguar’s highly successful. Upgrades include better brakes, rackand pinion steering, suspension travel and improved modern tube type shock absorbersinstead of the lever arm design of the older.
Jaguar XK140 was introduced in late 1954. The main visual change is the larger front andrear bumper, with a large overriders. Another new feature is a modern turn signal flashing,operated by a separate switch on the dashboard. Twin amber lights are positioned abovethe front bumper helps to distinguish the XK140 - until XK120 owners started installing the same equipment.
Jaguar XK140 with a well-known features of the engine and modified with specialequipment from the XK120 as a standard, an increase in strength is determined by 10bhp to 190 bhp (142 kW) gross at 5500 rpm. C-Type cylinder head also made a specialcatalog of XK120 as an option, specified at 210 bhp (157 kW) gross at 5750 rpm.
In 1956, Jaguar XK140 sports car was first offered with automatic transmission. With theXK120, the availability of wire wheels and dual exhaust is a choice even though most carsare imported into the United States has a wire wheel. Wheel drive car with fender skirtscontinue to be offered to (fight) to close the rear wheel arches.
1957 Jaguar XK-140 Specifications
- Engine Location : Front
- Drive Type : Rear Wheel
- Body / Chassis : Steel body on box-section steel frame
- Production Years for Series : 1954 – 1957
- Price : $3,665-$4,400
- Weight : 3000 lbs | 1360.777 kg
- Engine Configuration : I
- Cylinders : 6
- Aspiration/Induction : Normal
- Displacement : 3441 cc | 210.0 cu in. | 3.4 L.
- Valvetrain : DOHC
- Horsepower : 210 BHP (154.56 KW) @ 5750 RPM
- Torque : 213 Ft-Lbs (289 NM) @ 4000 RPM
- HP to Weight Ratio : 14.3 LB / HP
- HP / Liter : 61.0 BHP / Liter
- Compression Ratio : 8.0:1
- Fuel Type : Gasoline – Petrol
- Fuel Feed : Carburetor, 2 SU Sidedraft carburetors
- Block : Cast-iron
- Head : Aluminum
- Gears : 4
- Transmission : Manual
- Final Drive : 3.54:1
- Total Jaguar Production for 1957 : 3,800
- XK140 Production (1954-1957) : 8,884
3347 roadsters, 2797 fixed-head coupes, and 2740 drophead coupes.
Chassis / Engine Numbers Shown
- Chassis Number : G80718
- Chassis Number : S815802
Related Post :
Posted in Jaguar |